Our Clients, Our Work
Individuals & Families who are in the midst of life’s many transitions, and those who are seeking to maximize their potential.
Emerging Leaders to develop leadership and maximize potential.
Businesses & Non-profit organizations to clarify mission and values, develop leadership, and build teams.
Government Agencies & Employment Services to clarify mission and values, develop leadership, and build teams.
NorthWay Group concentrates core services within a fifty-mile radius around Bemidji, Minnesota. If you are interested in implementing some of these programs in your area, we would be happy to consult with you to provide the tools needed to customize programming for your region. For more information please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
NorthWay Group operates on a sliding fee basis. Please contact us for a quote.
Our Mission, Our Values
Our mission and core values are an essential and inherent component in working with you. We want to make a difference in the world and believe we can do that by helping you realize your fullest potential. NorthWay Group is dedicated to serving individuals and groups as they realize their fullest potential.
NorthWay Group upholds each of these values when working with you:
- Connection: Building connections builds trust. Trust in connection is foundational to our work in serving individuals and groups as they realize their fullest potential.
- Relationships: Relationships are vital. From the very first contact, we work carefully and genuinely to build relationship opportunities for clients within organizations, communities, families, and with our team.
- Gratitude: Beginning from a place of appreciation and taking positive action to fulfilling each individual’s or group’s potential leads to a better tomorrow.
- Humility: Giving people respect regardless of their current situations, viewing individuals and groups as resourceful and capable, and truly listening to what they desire, is empowering.
- 2012 AMC County Achievement Award
- 2012 National Association of Counties Award of Achievement, go to 2012 Achievement Award Winners, Select “Minnesota” and click on Beltrami Works! in Beltrami County.
Our Beltrami Works students say:
– “It’s uplifting coming here, like I can go on and achieve my goals. You aren’t looked down on here- everyone believes in me”
– “Now I know that setting goals takes a lot of work, but that’s better than being stuck in a rut of inaction, and always dealing with difficulties.”
– “I’ve never allowed myself to think about my future before. Now we’re turning my dreams into something I can attain.”
– “I used to say “I can’t do that!” Now I say “It may take some time, but I can do it!”
– “When I’m here, I’m not judged for where I am or for my past. You just go from there and help me find the way to move on.”
– “I’m clearer about my goals now, not just that, I have a plan to get there. I can figure out how to get there, and I have you to help me when I start to feel stuck. Now I know what I want to do with my life!”
Gary Dietrich, CPCC, founder and President of NorthWay Group, is passionate about building collaboration and leadership in individuals and organizations. He was a certified leadership coach and consultant prior to founding NorthWay Group in 2007. Gary’s 30 years of corporate experience brought him to countries all over the world, giving him a global perspective. He has a Bachelor of Science degree in business with an emphasis in marketing and management from the University of Minnesota. He is a graduate of the Coaches Training Institute and is an associate certified coach through the International Coach Federation (ICF). Gary, with his wife Linnea, lives on a lake in North Central Minnesota where they both use their experience and training to support their community and region.
Certification and Credentials
- Certified Coactive Coach, CPCC, Coaches Training Institute
- CTI Leadership Training Graduate
- LeaderImpact Graduate (Sponsored by the Northwest MN Foundation)
- Leaders in Ethnically Diverse Communities Graduate (sponsored by Blandin Foundation)
- Intercultural Diversity Inventory, Certified Administrator
- Ruby Payne – Bridges out of Poverty Certified Trainer
- Peace Making Circle Graduate – Kay Pranis
Joy Persall, CEBC, is committed to coaching individuals, teams and facilitating growth and organizational health. With over 20 years of experience, Joy was the Executive Director of Native Americans in Philanthropy, Associate Director of The Headwaters Foundation for Justice where she led capacity building programs, and Co-founder of the Fund of the Sacred Circle, an American Indian giving program. In 2010, she was awarded the Bush Foundation Leadership Fellowship where she focused on team process, coaching and indigenous leadership – an experience that fuels her passion for supporting self-determined, sustainable community health initiatives. Of Aniishinabe (Ontario Ojibwe) and French Canadian descent, Joy shares her commitment to care of people and care for our Mother Earth through her work, gardening and grandmothering. Persall holds an M.A. in Organization Management and Development, and CEBC, ICF Coaching Certification from Fielding Graduate University, a B.A. in Multi-cultural Nonprofit Administration, and an A.A.S. in Ornamental Horticulture.
Certification and Credentials
- Certified Evidence Based Coach, CEBC, Fielding Graduate Institute
- Senior Coach, World Institute for Action Learning
- Use of Self As Change Agent, Triple Impact Practitioners Program
- Leadership Fellowship, Archibald Bush Foundation
- National Council on Foundations, Philanthropic Leadership Program